These pages are by no means exhaustive, but are meant to point current and potential students, and their advisers to some resources that may help in making more informed decisions about how to approach graduate studies and a career as an anthropologist. Click on the following links for resources related to:
- Job Market: Realities & Opportunities
- This section addresses: Precarity in the University Labour Market, Career Coaching & Advice, Networking & Interviewing for Jobs, and Writing Resumes and (versus) CVs.
- Professional Development Strategies
- Here we offer advice on professional development in the context of your studies, as well as strategies for thinking about and preparing for your future beyond the university by engaging in alternative, non-academic career activities during grad school.
- Writing Tips
- Writing is a big part of graduate studies. This page offers tips on strategies for writing your major research paper/ thesis/ dissertation, as well as other kinds of writing like peer reviews and comps, blogging and for peer-reviewed publication.
- and Grad Student Wellness
- It's very easy for graduate students to get wrapped up in their work and let taking care of themselves go. Check through some of these links for advice on staying well mentally and physically during your studies.